A refreshing, bright burst of zingy red raspberries is just what your summer morning needs! One wonderful way to have raspberries for breakfast is by making an easy, go-to, quinoa breakfast bowl that you can eat either hot or cold. Our fair trade certified Pearl Quinoa would work best for this breakfast dish, and will really show off the gorgeousness of those red raspberries! Another great thing about this Raspberry Lovers Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is that it is easy to modify! Feel free to use fresh raspberries from your own backyard or frozen. If you’re not a big fan of the licorice taste of anise (like me!), feel free to swap it for some cinnamon. You can even go ahead and make it a blueberry lovers bowl if you really want to, your sweetened quinoa will oblige! I myself am all about those raspberries right now, especially that swirl of raspberry jam to truly set things off; it just seems like the perfect start to a perfect day!
- 2 cups Quinoa, rinsed & use 1/2 cup water LESS than package directions
- 3 cups Frozen Raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup fruit sweetened Raspberry Jam
- 4 Star Anise
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Fresh of Frozen Raspberries
- Chopped Roasted Pistachios
- Raspberry Jam
- In a large saucepan bring all ingredients (excluding toppings) to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until all of the liquid is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more water or raspberry juice if needed. Remove star anise & discard. Sweeten to taste. Serve immediately & add toppings if you wish.
- I like frozen raspberries in this recipe. They have lots of flavor & plenty of juices to cook with the quinoa. Flavors really sink the quinoa as it cooks.
- Fair Trade Pearl Quinoa available in shop at Plowshare Fair Trade in Waukesha, or at our Waukesha Farmer's Market Booth on Saturday's from 8 AM -12 PM.
Who knew quinoa could be so sweetly satisfying? It will certainly be equally tasty along with that morning cup of fair trade coffee!
~Jacqueline & Plowshare Fair Trade Marketplace
Recipe via marlameridith.com